How to Make Coconut Jelly
Image from Souped Up Recipes
- 0.72 ounces of gelatin powder 2 and 1/4 tsp of agar-agar powder
- 13.5 oz of coconut cream
- 6.8 oz of milk
- 3.4 oz of whipping cream
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded coconut
- First, we need to soak the gelatin powder into 1/3 cup of cold water for about 5 minutes. Do not throw it into the hot water or else it will clump up and will be really hard to get it dissolved.
- While waiting, let’s get the liquid ready. Pour in 200 ml of milk, 400 ml of coconut cream, 100 ml of whipping cream into the pot.
- Add some sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Also, add in the gelatin. Turn the heat to medium, stir it until dissolved.
- When it comes to a boil, turn off the heat immediately. Transfer it into a container.
- Let it go through a fine sieve just in case there is still some gelatin that is not fully combined.
- If there is extra, you can make some jelly cups with different fruits =)
- Let them cool down a little bit then Cover it. Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, Use a sharp knife, separate the edge. Flip it over with the cutting board. Cut it into the shape you like. Coat it with finely shredded coconut
- You can enjoy this delicious coconut dessert.